2022 Offshore outlaws boat meet.

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

I think you should moderate your own post here, when he reads that he’ll be devastated. Besides he’ll probably have a minor injury if you’re away fishing just to learn you a lesson. 

I've always been transparent with the kids that fishing is "my" time, and that they're welcome to come as long as they actually do some fishing. Lately Thomas has been more interested in playing his Nintendo when on the boat, so I'm not going to drag him somewhere he'd rather not be.

18 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I've always been transparent with the kids that fishing is "my" time, and that they're welcome to come as long as they actually do some fishing. Lately Thomas has been more interested in playing his Nintendo when on the boat, so I'm not going to drag him somewhere he'd rather not be.

Nothing wrong with the boys having a Nintendo onboard, for when the quiet period comes and goes. Leo always has his, and still catches more than me!! How's that work 🤔

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Nothing wrong with the boys having a Nintendo onboard, for when the quiet period comes and goes. Leo always has his, and still catches more than me!! How's that work 🤔

Sometimes it's about being with Daddy, regardless of what you do! 

46 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

There is in fact one dangerously dire consequence of having a Nintento on board, of which you are already intimately acquainted. Playing a Nintento requires long periods of downwards focus which, on a boat, generally results in sea-sickness. 🤮🤮🤮

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

There is in fact one dangerously dire consequence of having a Nintento on board, of which you are already intimately acquainted. Playing a Nintento requires long periods of downwards focus which, on a boat, generally results in sea-sickness. 🤮🤮🤮

That's why you need to catch more fish to keep the interest up. 
#youmusttryhardertheeesalimittothecaptainsabilityyouknow

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

That's why you need to catch more fish to keep the interest up. 
#youmusttryhardertheeesalimittothecaptainsabilityyouknow

Don't be daft. You're asking the impossible. I'm the OO Blanker-in-Chief, remember?!

20 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Maybe he fancies a bigger challenge than doggies? Or maybe he's tired of you tieing him to the mast and whipping him for catching more fish than you? 🤣

As it goes, when we went with Neil, both had an awful lot of cabin time on phones etc, both outcaught us..... I'm thinking of buying a nintendo to up my catch rate!!! 🤣

On 5/6/2022 at 9:36 AM, Andy135 said:

So two spaces left. Can possibly squeeze in another one or two if necessary.

@mike farrants?

@thejollysinker?

@Scotch_Egg2012?

@LostPiker?

Thank you for the invite. I'd love to join you but, I have a lot going on this year with various things that will prevent me from being able to say yes, unfortunately 😕

Tight lines all, hope you have a great time 👌😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 10:52 AM, Andy135 said:

2022 Offshore Outlaws boat meet is now provisionally booked on Ocean Runner out of Poole on Saturday 2nd July.

Fishing on the drift for plaice and gurnard with a chance of a turbot or brill, then fishing at anchor for rays and conger with a chance of tope.

We have a middling tide to play with, which should provide a range of species to target. Depending on what's been caught the week prior the skipper may recommend a change of tactics/species nearer the time and will advise accordingly.

Cost will depend on number of anglers but will be in the region of £75-95 per person.

For those travelling from afar we'll be looking to get a hotel/large AirB&B on the Friday night to make the journey more manageable and to enable an early start on Saturday morning. It's fair to say that some alcohol may be involved on the Friday...

Once we have an idea of numbers we'll ask for a small [non-refundable] deposit to reserve a space on the boat. Any lost deposit money will be used to buy the drinks for the remaining anglers on the Friday night, and we'll toast your absence at the bar.

So far we have 4 anglers booked - 4 more spaces available, possibly 6 at a push. Who's in? Add your name below

Neil + Leo

Jon

Andy

Steve + Mikey

Bumping this up as we have 2 spaces available.

Don't be shy, it's a great opportunity to be educated on the finer points of noodle cuisine by Jon, or to have Neil try to find you a boat you didn't know you needed, and probably can't afford.

I'd love to tell you more about the pre-dangle accommodation but @JonC hasn't organised it yet apparently.

Suffice to say it'll be a giggle whatever happens; there will be prizes for the angler who bags the most dogfish, so what are you waiting for?!

@suzook12, in case you haven't already sorted your accomodation, I've just booked a room here: https://www.poolequayhotel.com/. Ocean Runner picks up from outside the hotel and there's a hotel car park available that we can use after check-out for no additional fee.

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@suzook12, in case you haven't already sorted your accomodation, I've just booked a room here: https://www.poolequayhotel.com/. Ocean Runner picks up from outside the hotel and there's a hotel car park available that we can use after check-out for no additional fee.

Does the carpark have a height restriction?

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Does the carpark have a height restriction?

I didn't see any when I looked on Google Streetview, but it could have changed since the Street view image was taken.

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Cheers Andy

24 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Ended up ringing hotel, reservation made, then 2 days on and still no confirmation email..... Not filling me with confidence lol

I got my email within 5 mins. Give them a prod or check your spam folder.