Weather window

Odyssey

Looks like a sneaky weather window is maybe going to open up….

Large alantic ground swell running on Friday  with offshore winds means maybe I’ll be busy surfing but Saturday and Monday have potential for offshore tuna or inshore porgie hunting…. Especially as firing is off for next week….

Im sure it’ll all change by Tuesday or Weds 😬😬😬😑😑😑

26 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

Saturday looks good here - but i  think we have non fishing friends staying........

Can you make them into fishing friends? Or else draw the curtains and don't answer the door - maybe they'll go away...

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Can you make them into fishing friends? Or else draw the curtains and don't answer the door - maybe they'll go away...

Non fishy friends? Do they exist? 🤔🤔🤔 What do you talk about?! 😬😬😮😮

Well, I am grounded for a while.🙄

At long last, I am having the final cataract surgery to fix my left eye, which hopefully will happen next Wednesday.👍

On a less positive note, the drug that I am injecting for my colitis has suddenly stopped working effectively, the consultant tells me this sometimes happens, and he will have to dig deeper into his drug arsenal, however, this means a load more tests and also introduces a greater element of risk.

Also, because I am immunosuppressed, I have been invited to have a 3rd Covid jab, to be followed in 6 months time by a booster jab., so that also needs to be done el-pronto in the next couple of weeks.

So you can all look forward to very decent weather for the rest of October 🙄🤣

14 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Can you make them into fishing friends? 

before he turned vegan he was well up for it........ 

they did all come out on the boat to see the cruise ships, with their 2 kids but i didn't get a chance to drop a sneaky lure over the side..... 

they did go crabbing though........ 

10 hours ago, GPSguru said:

At long last, I am having the final cataract surgery to fix my left eye, which hopefully will happen next Wednesday.👍

On a less positive note, the drug that I am injecting for my colitis has suddenly stopped working effectively, the consultant tells me this sometimes happens, and he will have to dig deeper into his drug arsenal, however, this means a load more tests and also introduces a greater element of risk.

Also, because I am immunosuppressed, I have been invited to have a 3rd Covid jab, to be followed in 6 months time by a booster jab., so that also needs to be done el-pronto in the next couple of weeks.

Awww no 😢😢😢

Hope that your consultant gets it under control soon. Horrible disease but hopefully you’ll be back out on those winter wrecks in no time making @Andy135 jealous for catching something other than dogfish 😉 

21 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Good Luck, hope it all goes well for you 👍

11 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Well I’m on the boat I got enough chum to get a slick going to Ireland just need this wind to do one….

see what can find tomorrow:) 

Only Ireland? Chuck Norris would get a slick going to America.

I needed Chuck Norris with those swells…. 2.5m swell out there, then the wind got up… gave up after 3-4 miles was down to 8-10knots that’s 4-5 hours to get there…

Dropped the anchor in The haven, few dogfish 2 mackerel and bacon sandwich. Back in Marina now so time to clean boat

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

I’ll keep hoping for a weather window but sunrise was stunning 😎

We are having a red letter day here today. Weather wise anyway. 20degC and no wind. Been on the boat at the marina since 10am. Leo took us down the river on the tender for a couple of miles and back. Now about to break out the bread for some mullet!