Check your diesel heaters

18 minutes ago, JonC said:

Have you ever tested them? Is it possible ? Maybe hold them near the exhaust outlet or something. 
Ive done a lot of confined space training and worked in a lot of hazardous environments. Deaths related to gases are still too common. 

Yes, a friend of mine and his brother died in their workshop owing to a dodgy parafin heater, 2019 iirc

On 11/4/2021 at 7:58 PM, JonC said:

Have you ever tested them? Is it possible ? Maybe hold them near the exhaust outlet or something. 
Ive done a lot of confined space training and worked in a lot of hazardous environments. Deaths related to gases are still too common. 

wit6h your nolage of this problem would you like to inlighiten us on does and don't on heaters

25 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’m not an expert on heaters or have I claimed to be. The main things are simple enough thought, the exhaust must be sound with no leaks and fitted in a way that the exhaust gasses exit the boat outside of the cabin or cockpit area. Also the heated air intake should come from an area where there won’t be any dangerous gasses, i.e. not your engine bay or bilge. 

For those that use bunks in their boats, a low level CO2 alarm wouldn't go amiss either if using diesel heaters