Muppets

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

Got any pictures? 

T44Le4d.jpg

dyb57HO.jpg

Tied to the lower rig clip is 6ft of 40lb mono, with the usual zip slider, bead and another swivel. The pennell hooklength is clipped into the swivel using another rig clip. That's all you're getting for now.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why not just tie straight to the swivel?

So I can double-pat whilst fishing. One muppet hooklength baited up and ready to go, then switch it for the old one quickly.

Just now, mike farrants said:

so the lead is locked in on a slider on the length between the clips for the muppet (shown) and the swivel to the bottom hook length - not going to get tangled up?

Shouldn't do, with the tides we have the dropper and pennel hooklength will stream away in the tide. Just lower gently to the seabed. 

24 minutes ago, Yorkie Angler said:

I stick them on assist hooks to the bottom of pirks for 2 reasons, first as an attractor then second, I reckon it actually stopped me loosing as many pirks into wrecks as they added a bit more buoyancy to the hooks. 

Also I use a fine wire hook as well as a heavy gauge hook, the fine wire hook would snap on a wreck so that use to help with the tackle loss as well. Use to just change both hooks out when I snapped the fine wire then remake them up when I got home.

EC3DA73E-E1E1-4A2F-815B-3D83B218CA7F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Would you consider using a three way swivel at the node point? 

Could do, but I don't currently have any suitably sized 3-ways - only little tiddly ones for breaming.

26 minutes ago, Yorkie Angler said:

Also I use a fine wire hook as well as a heavy gauge hook, the fine wire hook would snap on a wreck so that use to help with the tackle loss as well. Use to just change both hooks out when I snapped the fine wire then remake them up when I got home.

EC3DA73E-E1E1-4A2F-815B-3D83B218CA7F.jpeg

Nice idea. I'll give that a try.

19 minutes ago, JonC said:

What’s the clipping that’s framed about? 

It's a very old copy of the Daily Mirror, dated September 16th, 1941. I found it blocking up an air vent when I was redecorating the old part of the house. A previous owner must have stuffed it in there to stop drafts. It was very fragile so I had it framed to preserve it and it makes a nice thing to hang on the wall, given the historical context.

CmHcygQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

It's a very old copy of the Daily Mirror, dated September 16th, 1941. I found it blocking up an air vent when I was redecorating the old part of the house. A previous owner must have stuffed it in there to stop drafts. It was very fragile so I had it framed to preserve it and it makes a nice thing to hang on the wall, given the historical context.

CmHcygQ.jpg

what was the item you wonted your birth not-is  😂

3 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

So muppets would be no good for uptiding or beach as they need to be off of the bottom, where both mentioned methods would have it nailed hard on the bottom

I use to use the 2 different sizes in my photo mainly due to them catching the tide. So if there was a strong tide run I would use the smaller muppets instead of going up to a larger pirk, so if your using off the beach or uptiding they will drag in the tide.  

CmHcygQ.jpg

And I thought you were going to tell us it was an article about you when you were called Kathleen Skellan!! 

I reckon that air vent was in the loo and that paper may have even been used for the purpose it was put there for!!! Well worth framing Andy. Geoff':classic_wink:

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

I reckon that air vent was in the loo and that paper may have even been used for the purpose it was put there for!!! Well worth framing Andy. Geoff':classic_wink:

Definitely wasn't in the loo Geoff! 🤣

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

I must say it was a bit of a let down for me, although I totally understand the sentiment of the cutting and the relevance to the house. I had just hoped for something a bit more entertaining I guess. 

Out of interest, what were you expecting then?