Angling to be allowed in England during November lockdown

Andy135

RYA is going to make a statement later on once they have reviewed the latest government guidelines. 

I would imagine a lot of marinas will take this into account 

This is what Davis's boatyard in Poole said.  They are next door to Cobbs Quay Marina who have now said we can access and use our boats, I wonder why?

Davis's Boatyard would like to make a statement to our customers and the boating community in general... Although social distancing and other safety measure continue to be adhered to..

.. WE WILL REMAIN OPEN AND FULLY OPERATIONAL THROUGHOUT LOCKDOWN TO SERVICE OUR CUSTOMERS AND KEEP THE INDUSTRY GOING.

we will never refuse our customers access to their vessels again unless we are physically prevented from doing this by the police.

Any Questions please call Lance on 01202 674349 
See less 

and with them being next door to Cobbs Quay Marina who have now said we can access and use our boats, I wonder why?

TBH, the marinas in South Wales are local authority owned and set the bye laws for waterways etc. 

Swansea Marina and barrage owned by Swansea council.

Cardiff bay barrage is controlled by harbour authority.

Mikford Marina is owned by Milford haven port authority who also set the bye-laws for the haven. 

They are not as likely to push government advice unlike private marinas who need to make money 

Sport England has confirmed that fishing is allowed, and that travel for fishing is permitted

Gf3FrPs.png

From this page: https://www.sportengland.org/how-we-can-help/coronavirus/return-play/frequently-asked-questions-about-national-coronavirus