Burnham On Sea 1/5/22

Dicky

Had a club comp out of Burnham last Sunday, 8 boats with 13 seniors and 1 junior booked in. It started off flat but was grey and damp. We started off looking for a bass but fishing was slow with just rays, dogs and straps. Eventually my uncle hooked into something a bit better and after a spirited fight a hound 9lb broke the surface. Shortly after I had 2 bass in quick succession but then it went dead for a while so time for a move. A quick blast 4 miles down channel put us on another bank looking for hounds. Loads of dogs followed with a few rays a and straps but we did get another 3 hounds. Just after low the wind picked up and it became a bit uncomfortable so a move closer to home just off Hinkley Point was made. This was fairly poor with just the odd fish so that was it for the day. At the weigh in my brothe4 won the comp wi5h one of his hounds of 10lb 1oz and my uncle took second with a doggie. Unfortunately neither of my bass made the 22” minimum size.

05282B3D-1FBA-4349-97F4-C083111193D3.jpeg