Slow jigging

jonnyswamp

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

What’s the difference between the Gravitate and the Gravitate 2.0? Except for the £60 price difference!

The Mark 1 Gravitate has the spiral wrapped guides, the 2.0 has straight (traditional) guides. Terry and I discussed this and the 2.0 seems to be a backward step in respect of rod design, given that spiral wrapped guides are considered to be a better design for jigging rods.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

The Mark 1 Gravitate has the spiral wrapped guides, the 2.0 has straight (traditional) guides. Terry and I discussed this and the 2.0 seems to be a backward step in respect of rod design, given that spiral wrapped guides are considered to be a better design for jigging rods.

So £60 more for a backward step? That seems a bit of a booboo in the design teams camp!

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Your toy looks nice though. Something sexy about a Matt finish. You should do your octavia like that!

Lol, there is no way anyone can successfully pimp a Skoda, matt finish or not! 🤣

14 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

What’s the difference between the Gravitate and the Gravitate 2.0? Except for the £60 price difference!

Both rods should be the same price but I purchased the last of the Gravitate Mk1`s stock at a better price so I can clear them  to keep up with the new range.

Gravitate Mk1 is a matt Black Blank with spiral guide train.

Gravitate Mk2 is a Matt Amethyst colour Blank with conventional guide train

Different graphics and price, otherwise exactly the same blank and fittings.

Edited by Terry Smith

Spiral wrapping is to reduce the amount of torque on the rod being transferred to the holder. 

Most carbon rods are spiral wrapped, so the path of least resistance is to spiral wrap the rod. It’s becoming the norm on big game gear, especially those who use light gear for big fish like popping rods. 

Looks like nice gear, I’m sure the dogfish will like them 

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

@Terry Smith, the rod and gear arrived this afternoon. Looks great - many thanks!

HCOAsoV.jpg

0i2VFvJ.jpg

vN8ANZ1.jpg

Very nice ........... at least you won’t suffer from tip wrap which can be an issue on certain jigging styles.

I had a delivery today ........... I have now got to unpack and check 500 of these ...........

100_1829.thumb.JPG.e245b19493bac5478783e5469d25cb5d.JPG

On 2/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Andy135 said:

More shiny goodness arrived today 🥰

zmgXmAU.jpg

Why does the hook attach to the top of the jig and not the bottom eye? And on those bits of string does the hook not move away from the fish when a bite occurs? Or does the fish gulp in the whole thing rather than bite at the lure ?

16 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why does the hook attach to the top of the jig and not the bottom eye? And on those bits of string does the hook not move away from the fish when a bite occurs? Or does the fish gulp in the whole thing rather than bite at the lure ?

There can be hooks on both top and bottom eyes but a lower hook would be just begging to snag on the wreck.

Remember that as the fish opens its mouth it sucks in water and hopefully its prey. I reckon the assists get sucked in before the jig as they're so light. 

28 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

29 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Can I suggest a quick read of the Jigabite Slow Jigging Article?

This should answer 90% of these kind of questions. Just a thought.

https://jigabite.co.uk/Slow Pitch Jigging Explained.pdf