Volvo D6 power steering pump

I will find out from Volvo if they do seals but I was looking to see if there was a non Volvo solution due to their excessive cost of everything! Hard to see and I don't want to go near it running but from where the fluid is looks like just behind the pulley.

36 minutes ago, Gordmac said:

I will find out from Volvo if they do seals but I was looking to see if there was a non Volvo solution due to their excessive cost of everything! Hard to see and I don't want to go near it running but from where the fluid is looks like just behind the pulley.

Probably worth having a good look (when it's switched off) in case the fluid is tracking from elsewhere. At least you can be sure you're buying the correct seals this way.

Thanks, I was hoping someone else had done the legwork! I will have a look with the borescope, not easy to get eyes anywhere near it. Rubbing a finger round the hose connections makes me think they are ok. Concern is that it becomes a serious issue, ideally if it will last with a small leak until hibernation season and I can deal with it at my leisure, no steering at sea isn't appealing!

2 hours ago, Gordmac said:

Thanks, I was hoping someone else had done the legwork! I will have a look with the borescope, not easy to get eyes anywhere near it. Rubbing a finger round the hose connections makes me think they are ok. Concern is that it becomes a serious issue, ideally if it will last with a small leak until hibernation season and I can deal with it at my leisure, no steering at sea isn't appealing!

It is very rare for a steering pump to completely fail. Just make sure you keep a couple of Litres of power steering fluid on the boat and that will give you a 99.999% chance of getting back safely.