bc report

daio web

hi guys fished the bristol channel last weekend we had a few fish not the ones we where after but fish that we have never caught this far up the channel loads of baby tope and a few bullhuss and a ray that i have never seen before i got some pictures on my phone but dont know how to put them up on the site still  struggling with all the new garmin set up but i will get there could you message me neil please on putting up pics  

Hi Dave, glad you finally got out to catch some fish. Sounds like you had a good day out. The garmin stuff is quite easy to get your head around, you just need to find the time to sit there and pootle about trying different settings etc. If you have any serious difficulties then the Garmin UK technical help line is very useful. The operators are knowledgable and helpful. 
For now though, if you can email me the pics I'll put them up for you. 
Thanks for sharing your report! 

5 hours ago, daio web said:

hi guys fished the bristol channel last weekend we had a few fish not the ones we where after but fish that we have never caught this far up the channel loads of baby tope and a few bullhuss and a ray that i have never seen before i got some pictures on my phone but dont know how to put them up on the site still  struggling with all the new garmin set up but i will get there could you message me neil please on putting up pics  

Sounds like it was a productive day out. Curious to see your ray too, so pics would be good.

You can try reading our picture posting guide in case it helps: 

6 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Hi Dave, glad you finally got out to catch some fish. Sounds like you had a good day out. The garmin stuff is quite easy to get your head around, you just need to find the time to sit there and pootle about trying different settings etc. If you have any serious difficulties then the Garmin UK technical help line is very useful. The operators are knowledgable and helpful. 

ok neil thanks budd i will try and send them to you now i hope someone can id this ray

9 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

hi neil did you get the pics of the fishing trip i sent you mate

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

2DD2AC00-C5E2-46CC-8351-FE40665C79D0.jpeg.bf8bac38204446b4dd1fcab446521e2a.jpeg

5D55CC7B-8C26-443B-A52D-DD7CA9161EC5.jpeg.64d631c38b6e923f5de9cf48655c0fe2.jpeg

3ECE71E0-DAFE-4AAC-8622-41BAA0876197.jpeg.88eb795ae8c84fe7c8484c6d080702dc.jpeg

6E16FE45-8674-4163-8746-451C60D1B9B9.jpeg.76a802d74f879c62f8dbfe69ec1ce093.jpeg

D5B975B1-6DD1-4B6A-B51A-0D3DB9F8C196.jpeg.85f9c66f653411070a4ab9a1aa8efa09.jpeg

FCD7BF93-545C-4F44-97B5-ABAFA04042AC.jpeg.7a65cfc9f65e6a067bee011eb01f5412.jpeg

D61DA4AD-53FE-4C87-85D8-109FAB2AD893.jpeg.1b643cbcfba7b0fba688fe4c5632bcee.jpeg

81AEAB8D-7244-4F02-BB33-7D604F97FCCC.jpeg.33dd57488518ee275e61ae4504a99dc0.jpeg

thanks neil what ray do you think it is the dark brown one

12 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

hi neil did you get the pics of the fishing trip i sent you mate

5 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Blonde Ray, that’s high up for them… 

bloody hell a blonde on a saturday morning not bad haha  we fished just of the back of the e /w grounds  hopeing to get back out next saturday if the wind stays down thanks boys for the info

1 minute ago, daio web said:

bloody hell a blonde on a saturday morning not bad haha  we fished just of the back of the e /w grounds  hopeing to get back out next saturday if the wind stays down thanks boys for the info

Well now you've posted your first catch report there's no stopping you Dave. Now just learn how to post your pics 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Well now you've posted your first catch report there's no stopping you Dave. Now just learn how to post your pics 👍🏻

i nearley got there its when the pic was to big and it asked me to make it smaller havent got a clue what it was i will keep trying  thanks all

7 minutes ago, daio web said:

i nearley got there its when the pic was to big and it asked me to make it smaller havent got a clue what it was i will keep trying  thanks all

If your posting pics from the phone (mines an iPhone), choose the option to "show selected size" at the bottom. Then choose a smaller size of photo. 
It helps to crop your photos by a small bit before hand too. D86987DB-61F3-49B2-A455-75E498596693.jpeg.b08cf838b51d4e664a2673e84a2a555d.jpeg

14 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Looks like a very dark coloured Blond ............

Yes it is, but fish do change colour to adapt and blend to their surroundings. 
Seeing as the BC is dark and dirty, this ray may just naturally colour to its surroundings. 
I've seen real bright red/orange cod in Norway that live in kelp beds of the same shade. 

22 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes it is, but fish do change colour to adapt and blend to their surroundings. 
Seeing as the BC is dark and dirty, this ray may just naturally colour to its surroundings. 
I've seen real bright red/orange cod in Norway that live in kelp beds of the same shade. 

Yes, agreed, we get wreck Pollock that are a silvery green colour, and we also get kelp Pollock that can sometimes almost be orange in colour.