LymeBay Wrecks - 3rd Oct - Morning session.

GPSguru

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why on earth would grease monkeys be playing with your panoptix?? 

I can only assume, because it was OK when Kyle was using it on the skerries, a couple of weeks ago. The gain was very high 20% and the depth was set to about 10ft, so it was a very bright screen !. I have the gain and depth controls always displayed on the touch screen.

Time to get the wind-ons out and rigged up Ian  what  water pressure do you have    while  down in Fowey   i had the chance to check mine  on the DF140      since fitting the gauge   ive only run the engine up on the Muffs      and its about 2 psi  at  800 rpm        once  out of the harbour    i increased  the revs to   4000 RPM and the  gauge was reading  8 PSI       ive been told the DF range of  Suzuki  Engines are a low water pressure  Engine    and the  gauge only  reads  15  PSI   @ maximum     so well happy at that     Tight Lines  Alain           your going to be as close to a B F T   as it gets without  putting it on the deck      should you hook one    and bring it boat side    

1 hour ago, willyhookit said:

Time to get the wind-ons out and rigged up Ian  what  water pressure do you have    while  down in Fowey   i had the chance to check mine  on the DF140      since fitting the gauge   ive only run the engine up on the Muffs      and its about 2 psi  at  800 rpm        once  out of the harbour    i increased  the revs to   4000 RPM and the  gauge was reading  8 PSI       ive been told the DF range of  Suzuki  Engines are a low water pressure  Engine    and the  gauge only  reads  15  PSI   @ maximum     so well happy at that     Tight Lines  Alain           your going to be as close to a B F T   as it gets without  putting it on the deck      should you hook one    and bring it boat side    

Hi Alain,

With the Merc 150 the water pressure is 2psi on muffs, 11 psi on idle before the thermostat has opened, 7 psi on idle when the thermostat has opened fully, and 22 psi at 3000rpm. The max pressure is 35psi at WOT.

With regard to the BFT, this autumn / winter my interest is more in finding big Pollock and also locating wrecks where there could be some decent Ling. Also, Kyle wants me to anchor over a wreck for some conger, but that is easy, because nearly all our wrecks here hold a decent head of slimy snakes, with 50lb fish being fairly common.

Great little trip out, ive been land locked because of work and other commitments for the last month. 

Nearly every trip out past the 12mile marker i see them. The last sighting was similar to yours, we were jigging away on a wreck with a few pollock and cod showing and this noise just made our heads turn and 20ft away clear out of the water was a monstrous barrel with the switch turned to rabbit speed!

I dont know about you but i feel kind of lost holding a 100g jigging rod and as thin line as i can get away with when these girls are about. They kill the fishing on a wreck as well i have found
going to have to book up on one of the chart boats just to tick the box 

Edited by fishybuisness