Solo trip tomorrow (crew let me down) 

so off to see what beasties are about 🙂 

If anyone can get to Milford haven for 07:30 tomorrow you can jump on 🤣

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

If anyone can get to Milford haven for 07:30 tomorrow you can jump on 🤣

I’m down in conrwall I’d of shot over got the big rods

but I’m with the mrs and dogs .

don’t think it’ll go down too well.. 😬

although I am trying to squeeze a mornings fishing in poxy east wind showing tomro 

Problem is weather windows are so small this time of year I don’t have much notice…. 

Charters who are out 7 days per week operate knowing they’ll get out 30-40% of the time…. Which is tough… factor in I’m working full time it don’t give me much notice to get out sadly 😞 

It’s not even certain I can get out… need this swell to die down…. 2.5m at 5s period is not pleasant

3721E35B-A358-42BF-B121-62B9252FD540.thumb.jpeg.f340fab3ca869d8d4ba14c386c5b0aca.jpeg

Edited by Odyssey

Fair play Luke got out there and made it happen , had solid day out there,

takes extra alone even though we can all do it , and are all motivated, when someone else is game with you it seems easier.

I went out solo too.

the weather updated good in the weather I went out into a bit of residual swell but it literally went to pancakes by the afternoon.

i really thought it was going to happen , I had ones n twos busting up round me .

doing everything I could checking algae ,but it wasn’t to be … next time though !

070D530D-B6BE-4F3D-B530-4EB79005C4C3.thumb.jpeg.e2cb5072be236235b5f701de3f5aae89.jpeg

73C976A7-0EB3-46FE-B84A-742E1D4B1A5E.thumb.jpeg.9104dd9cf2b4afbaac72307a5793fa03.jpeg

when I looked over the hood after hearing these dynamite blows to the water … not dolphins…

I started chunking like Jeffery darma .

C15AA8EF-4AAD-414C-A932-190B64256D6E.thumb.jpeg.355b7b055ec478645e9f0dba74b03b6b.jpeg

Lad I speak to was out today caught his first thresher today nice big one . 

Got to be in to win it! 

My issue with flying solo is helm is in cabin… can’t fit through door harnessed up 🤣 then when you leave your gaff in there too…. (Should of gone to scouts).

Weather crap next week…. I want ti sunny but windy next Saturday as I’m a bit busy getting wed but after that hopefully get back out there 🙂

looks like you had cracking conditions… next time sure you’ll find one 😄😄😄

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Got to be in to win it! 

My issue with flying solo is helm is in cabin… can’t fit through door harnessed up 🤣 then when you leave your gaff in there too…. (Should of gone to scouts).

Weather crap next week…. I want ti sunny but windy next Saturday as I’m a bit busy getting wed but after that hopefully get back out there 🙂

looks like you had cracking conditions… next time sure you’ll find one 😄😄😄

Agree with you there bud 100%

something I defo would install (if and when I ever go up a boat)… I’d have to have external helm.

becuase the whole point would be to be able to do more of this so I would inevitably end up solo at times and need to manoeuvre.

always pondering on that change of boat a few variables to consider though 

8 hours ago, Josh said:

something I defo would install (if and when I ever go up a boat)… I’d have to have external helm.

becuase the whole point would be to be able to do more of this so I would inevitably end up solo at times and need to manoeuvre.

,always pondering on that change of boat a few variables to consider though 

Ahem...

https://www.findafishingboat.com/atlantis-26c/ad-125100

#justsaying... 👍

52 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yep, and currently owned by yours truly. I'm sure a deal can be done 😉👍

Oh shoot… I did wonder ..

what’s the coo mate ? How comes ur selling up.

oh I’d love it . Looks like everything it says 

and how reassuring to buy it off of someone you trust.

only problem is it’s not the moment for me . ££

I’m sure I’ll miss that opportunity but I never seen too many of them ..

how do you rate them ? 

Atlantis hulls are spot on. Very well made and with plenty of sea-keeping ability. No doubt she is a beast and a perfect tuna boat.

Selling because I'm after a rib. I'd like to encourage my kids to get on the water more and a rib would enable them to jump in and out of the water more easily, swimming and diving etc.

And also, to be honest, it's your reports and @GPSguru's that have rekindled my desire to fish the south west. I used to keep an Orkney 440 down in Dartmouth years back. I have family in Devon and Cornwall so I could trailer a rib down to the South Hams or Fowey and have places to stay for a night or three.

Or maybe I find a smaller hard boat up here and buy a Takacat or other SIB to keep in a family member's garage down there.

Lucky to have options but not sure what's right for me and family just yet.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Atlantis hulls are spot on. Very well made and with plenty of sea-keeping ability. No doubt she is a beast and a perfect tuna boat.

Selling because I'm after a rib. I'd like to encourage my kids to get on the water more and a rib would enable them to jump in and out of the water more easily, swimming and diving etc.

And also, to be honest, it's your reports and @GPSguru's that have rekindled my desire to fish the south west. I used to keep an Orkney 440 down in Dartmouth years back. I have family in Devon and Cornwall so I could trailer a rib down to the South Hams or Fowey and have places to stay for a night or three.

Or maybe I find a smaller hard boat up here and buy a Takacat or other SIB to keep in a family member's garage down there.

A caravan?

23 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Selling because I'm after a rib.

I certainly ticks a good many boxes for me, especially being close to the coast .......... example, if it is raining for an hour or two, then I just set off later.

Take heed, there are RIB's and then there are RIB's ............ some are way better than others, but cost more money and are harder to find.

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I certainly ticks a good many boxes for me, especially being close to the coast .......... example, if it is raining for an hour or two, then I just set off later.

Take heed, there are RIB's and then there are RIB's ............ some are way better than others, but cost more money and are harder to find.

Yes, based on my preliminary research it's either balls to the wall spending or buy a project and re-engine and re-tube it.

10 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Understood 

looks very weather proof stable

all too much I’m sitting there in question as to wether I am going or not .. I know (first hand ) the warrior will handle a lot but a 16ft boat is still small if things get ugly.

yeah when I do take the plunge 

something like that for me will

have to be down west on mooring there’s so much exploring I want to do down there

never really looked into Ribs 

but @GPSguru seems to do very well ..fast too . More fish quicker 😎

13 hours ago, Josh said:

Understood 

looks very weather proof stable

all too much I’m sitting there in question as to wether I am going or not .. I know (first hand ) the warrior will handle a lot but a 16ft boat is still small if things get ugly.

yeah when I do take the plunge 

something like that for me will

have to be down west on mooring there’s so much exploring I want to do down there

never really looked into Ribs 

but @GPSguru seems to do very well ..fast too . More fish quicker 😎

I had a zodiac 550 pro which was the most fun and capable sized boat for its size Ive ever owned. I looked forward to bad sea conditions when I owned it. My bigger heavier more powerful boat before it was only managing 50-100hrs of use due to our bar crossing but went to 500hrs + per year with the rib.

It didn't stop us targeting game species or even sharks, my only concern was using braid on large fast species which could quickly turn under the boat. In saying that I was always able to avoid braid cuts on the tubes and tended to use longer mono leaders for game fish close to the boat.