anchor winch

25 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Is the 700 going to be powerful enough for your size boat.? Personally I'd have got the 1000. Mind you looking at their product selection tool on the web site, it looks like they don't do the 1000 anymore. Not for my chain and rope size anyway. 
Did you use the selection tool? 

yes mate used the selection tool and spoke to them direct all good just got to install it all looks like i might have another problem it says max deck thickness is 30 mm mine is 36 at present  

1 hour ago, daio web said:

yes mate used the selection tool and spoke to them direct all good just got to install it all looks like i might have another problem it says max deck thickness is 30 mm mine is 36 at present  

Let us know how that goes, and how you got round it!! 

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Let us know how that goes, and how you got round it!! 

bloody longest winch install ever and still not finished back tomorrow  to wire it up there where 2 sheets of marine ply stuck together so now there is only one and a  sheet of ali up there what size wire did you use please neil from the motor to the solinoid pack mine is a 800 watt motor many thanks bud

58 minutes ago, daio web said:

bloody longest winch install ever and still not finished back tomorrow  to wire it up there where 2 sheets of marine ply stuck together so now there is only one and a  sheet of ali up there what size wire did you use please neil from the motor to the solinoid pack mine is a 800 watt motor many thanks bud

My winch was already on the boat when I bought it Dave, so I don't know that answer.

If you need some wire I have some, look in the "for sale" section for details. 

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

My winch was already on the boat when I bought it Dave, so I don't know that answer.

If you need some wire I have some, look in the "for sale" section for details. 

i allready got a load of cable mate thanks for the offer i was just wondering what gauge   many thanks bud just going back up now to wire it up and solder the end and heat shrink them

12 minutes ago, daio web said:

WELL FINALLY FINISHED IT and bloody manged to break it as well broke the chain finger guide bad desgine  testing it  opporated it with no  chain in the winch and snapped the are guide gutted just had to order a new one  should be metal 

Can you not get it replaced under warranty? It shouldn't break that easy!

1 minute ago, JonC said:

ffs. Why on earth wouldn’t they fit metal parts? 
My old lewmar windlass had a plastic stripper(Fleming)  that I replaced 3 times. In the end I made one up out of metal that lasted until I upgraded. 

on my other old boat it was fitted with a 1000 master winch that had a metal arm nightmare jon they do a metal one but it 100 qwid not paying that if it go again then i will see about making one