boat /fishing meet

Solent Fishing meet  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I would be up for it but our attending would be very dependant on weather for us steaming up from Poole.

We would also obviously need a berth so where you base the meet would also have a bearing on whether its viable for us

You could always freedom berth on the Hamble Martin . 3 mdl to choose from. 👍🏻

Would be great if you can make it Martin. I'd suggest that if there's a group of PBSBAC members up for making the trip we could try to arrange a location to suit. Yarmouth or Lymington would be the closest to you.

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

You could always freedom berth on the Hamble Martin . 3 mdl to choose from. 👍🏻

Madness came from Port Hamble so yes that is doable but where will everybody else be meeting and would there be a social side

• Andy135 changed the title to boat /fishing meet
1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

Would be great if you can make it Martin. I'd suggest that if there's a group of PBSBAC members up for making the trip we could try to arrange a location to suit. Yarmouth or Lymington would be the closest to you.

There are possibly a few boats that would be up for it, when the details are firmer I'll ask the guys

1 minute ago, Maverick said:

Madness came from Port Hamble so yes that is doable but where will everybody else be meeting and would there be a social side

Well the specifics are yet to be arranged. First we gauge interest. I’m thinking if we get boats from the east and west then the Hamble is a central point for all . But like I say , it will be based on support and numbers . 

2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The intent is to have a social side... if we're allowed given whatever Covid restrictions might still be in force by then. Fingers crossed we can all get together over a beer, but there is the possibility that we might simply have to agree a mark to anchor up on en masse and have a socially distanced dangle. We'll know nearer the time and confirm plans as appropriate.

For us once we are across Poole and Christchurch Bay the solent is a breeze so really doesn't matter where its held.

Depending on timings I recon 3 or 4 Poole boats would be interested but we would need to steal marks for your end :classic_ohmy:

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, Saintly Fish said:

Any other members interested in this potential boat meet/social event?

if yes please cast a positive vote. If not please cast a NO vote. 
This helps us gauge interest. 
many thanks

Just voted "yeah", subject to having a trailable boat afloat God willing. We have to think positive.☺️ Geoff.

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Just voted "yeah", subject to having a trailable boat afloat God willing. We have to think positive.☺️ Geoff.

But it has nothing to do with the will of God. It's all to do with the will of Geoff...

Just saying... 😉