Sat/Sun 1st/2nd April Poole OO Splash n Dash

suzook12

2 hours ago, JonC said:

It was a good weekend Pete, whoever thought of it must be one clever guy. 
It’s a shame that the weather didn’t turn out so good, it kept us inshore and made the boat swing around a bit. 
The driver did his best, he paid a lot of attention to what was happening and I felt he wanted us to catch fish. 

Yeah Ryan tries hard, but on the day the fish just didn't come out to play. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Belated happy birthday Pete, glad to here that you and the other outlaws had a good time. Geoff.🙂

Geoff, is old age catching up or are your standards slipping? Or woz u trine to catsh us owt?? 🤣

6 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Geoff, is old age catching up or are your standards slipping? Or woz u trine to catsh us owt?? 🤣

Nah, I was talking to Pete and wanted to make him feel superior - which of course he is. Good old Pete (far younger than I). 🙂Geoff.

1 hour ago, JonC said:

The boat is a weapon, at 40’ long it’s a very comfortable platform. At one point I think there was 16 lines out and only @Saintly Fishand @captin slows old outlaw felt the need to keep tangling each other’s lines. Though I think they would still do that if they were fishing off of the back of an aircraft carrier.

Yes, it was a lovely tub. Very impressive fishing platform. Glad it's not me that has to keep up the marine mortgage payments though!

t

59 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Ryan was saying 4.5L per nautical mile, so gallon a mile

That is not much different than I used to get out of my 200HP petrol v8 Carrera back in the eighties - those were the days my friend - Mary Hopkins? Geoff.🙂

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

t

That is not much different than I used to get out of my 200HP petrol v8 Carrera back in the eighties - those were the days my friend - Mary Hopkins? Geoff.🙂

........ And the same price for a gallon as a litre costs now.........

Just now, JonC said:

Paying for the fuel is probably the easier part of the operation, I was thinking about all the other costs that we don’t see. 

Oh by far, no charter boat is cheap to operate, a 12 tonne cat included

4 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Coding fees, safety gesr, survey every 3 years, marina fees, fuel, chartering ai t cheap I can tell you 🙄

But if he's set up right it's the company that pays the bills not him personally and it's all tax deductible. 
With a constant stream of days afloat each year at £6-700 per day, he will make a pretty penny. 

On 4/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, Saintly Fish said:

But if he's set up right it's the company that pays the bills not him personally and it's all tax deductible. 
With a constant stream of days afloat each year at £6-700 per day, he will make a pretty penny. 

you forgot about the bad weather, where you cant get out