Been stitched up

jonnyswamp

Just nipped home and both of the more prominent mods have commented, I've left a post about Hampshire being a bit far for me to pay a visit, just in case the seller has a read

I'll post his name later (if no-one else has) when there's plenty on there

My thread has been closed and I've had a PM of nick phillips saying that although he agrees that it was misrepresented, no forum rules had been broken

If the ad is still running I'll put a couple of pics of the reel on there

Maybe stop some other gullible twat from getting caught

Yes just noticed that Nick Nick had kyboshed your thread, what is wrong with them peeps over there (sorry admin they deserve flack) power freaks

I can count on two hands how many peeps I have had to reign in on the pbsbac website in 20 odd years with the saint filling up one hand lol

Edited by Maverick

6 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

My thread has been closed and I've had a PM of nick phillips saying that although he agrees that it was misrepresented, no forum rules had been broken

If the ad is still running I'll put a couple of pics of the reel on there

Maybe stop some other gullible twat from getting caught

That is very bad. Why, if the reel has been misrepresented, do they (does he) need to shut down the thread? Makes no sense to me.

Just now, Andy135 said:

That is very bad. Why, if the reel has been misrepresented, do they (does he) need to shut down the thread? Makes no sense to me.

I've sent him a reply and also posted some pics on the reel ad 

Told him it doesn't reflect well on the seller or the site if nothing is done 

Oh the drama 😆

I think they have made a boo boo, certainly not protecting Norman as now responses will go to the advert, thinking of their low bar I'm expecting a ban.  Friday night is not a good night to wind people up, first bottle of white gone already :classic_ohmy:

1 minute ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've sent him a reply and also posted some pics on the reel ad 

Told him it doesn't reflect well on the seller or the site if nothing is done 

Oh the drama 😆

Whilst I agree that it's worth pursuing to ensure the truth is known, tread cautiously. Nick has proven himself to ban first and ask questions later.

13 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I would also ban the seller from ever advertising goods on the forum again, can be done without banning them totally but does take a little time to sort out

I suspect that Nick and gang are not actually system admins, but they're mods with elevated privileges that stop short of true admins. He/they may not be able to change Group settings to make the changes you're (quite sensibly) suggesting.

23 minutes ago, JonC said:

All over £75! 
If I was admin on that I would tell the seller to just give the money back it’s not worth the bad feeling. 

What a shameful situation. I feel for @jonnyswamp. After all, he's got the thin end of the wedge in all this. 😕

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

What a shameful situation. I feel for @jonnyswamp. After all, he's got the thin end of the wedge in all this. 😕

I doubt I'll lose any sleep 👍

I'll play up a bit more over there over the next few days and see what happens