Find Jon cook a new boat

I saw that this mornimg, so messaged him for more details ....

'Hi mate engine 2002 mk1 2000 had boat 5 years never gets used engines just been serviced oil ect by me run the engine ( every *) few weeks'.

(*every) added by me as i presume thats what he meant.

No mention of hours.

Looks well priced an will sell in no time, but 4+ hours away. What put me off was the lack of use especially over the last 5 years on an 18 year old engine........ am i wrong to come to this conclusion🤔🙄

9 minutes ago, JonC said:

A good tip though is if you’re selling a boat don’t park it next to one that is 10 times bigger! 

I did think he'd perhaps shot himself in the foot there 🤣

Just now, JonC said:

I heard v tech were problematic though? Anyone know about them?

I can't say I've heard anything bad about the V-Tec system.  Like any outboard they'll need regular servicing to keep them running smoothly.

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

Good point well presented, perhaps i should have said slam more than a V hull / plaining hull.

Those Wilsons will still plane, they'll just slam when they drop off or try to go through a wave.

It wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker for me. After all, during a day long session, you're at anchor for longer than you're under way, so you may find that stability is what you value more.

Just now, Andy135 said:

Those Wilsons will still plane, they'll just slam when they drop off or try to go through a wave.

It wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker for me. After all, during a day long session, you're at anchor for longer than you're under way, so you may find that stability is what you value more.

If it’s good enough for Graham Pullan...

16 hours ago, Jon cook said:

I have however been offered an 18' raider..... good money an sounds a good package thats hardly beennused.

But it has s 115 Merc optimax 2006 -  with about 85 hours. Really wanted a more modern 4 stroke.

Opti max still a good engine, with low hours you can always sell and look out for a 4 stroke replacement