Go Pro Footage Editing Software

Posted (edited)

Looking for recommendations on best software to edit GoPro video footage. Not after a you tube channel but just under water shots while out snorkelling/surfing and of course a few fish too 🙂 

it’s a Hero 10. Not sure on easiest stuff to use. Any advice welcomed 🙂 

Edited by Odyssey

• Odyssey changed the title to Go Pro Footage Editing Software
5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Looking for recommendations on best software to edit GoPro video footage. Not after a you tube channel but just under water shots while out snorkelling/surfing and of course a few fish too 🙂 

it’s a Hero 10. Not sure on easiest stuff to use. Any advice welcomed 🙂 

Videostudio from corel does pretty much everything. Get the trial version, and they then may send you a good offer, but it is cheap anyway. This package has been around for years and was highly regarded before corel bought it. 

Also the free version of DaVinci from Black Magic is very good, but being a professional editor it is harder to use.

I have gone away from GoPro as they are way too unreliable, with random turning off, overheating, and battery discharge issues. I now use a DJI Action 4 on the boat, and a cheap Wolfang for underwater stuff.

I will get looking soon 🙂 

Its Emma’s GoPro but she may find it goes missing when m out on the boat… hopefully she won’t mind too many fish photos on it 😂

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I will get looking soon 🙂 

Its Emma’s GoPro but she may find it goes missing when m out on the boat… hopefully she won’t mind too many fish photos on it 😂

Actually, it is better to take a short viid of a fish and then extract a decent still from the footage.

Edited by GPSguru

35 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Actually, it is better to take a short vid if a fish and then extract a decent still from the footage.

That’s the plan…. 

stick camera on end of pole, put in water, video fish, return go pro to too original owner, edit footage offline and hopefully she won’t notice it’s dissappeared….

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

That’s the plan…. 

stick camera on end of pole, put in water, video fish, return go pro to too original owner, edit footage offline and hopefully she won’t notice it’s dissappeared….

Just wash the scales and slime off before handing it back!

Posted (edited)

2nd vote for Corel VideoSuite, I use it for my youtube vids, was the easiest out of all the ones I tried and cost me £60. Prices tends to vary depending on what deals they have at the time, sometimes they throw photo editing software in as well...

Edit: I am also using it with a GoPro10

Edited by suzook12