Fletcher Cruisette

Anyone know anything about these. looking at a 98 16ft version. Apparently they handle well at sea and can take quite a rough sea, nothing about how they sit at anchor etc.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

I know nothing of these boats Steve, but a quick google brings up a few pics, and it's not a boat I'd want to go fishing in unless on a clam lake. They have no depth to them internally by the look of it, so standing up and fighting a whiting could prove to be a danger? 
I used to own a 19ft fletcher speed boat and the hull looks a similar shape, so I have no doubt that they will go and handle well, punching well above their weight. But a fishing boat it wasn't! 

9 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I know nothing of these boats Steve, but a quick google brings up a few pics, and it's not a boat I'd want to go fishing in unless on a clam lake. They have no depth to them internally by the look of it, so standing up and fighting a whiting could prove to be a danger? 
I used to own a 19ft fletcher speed boat and the hull looks a similar shape, so I have no doubt that they will go and handle well, punching well above their weight. But a fishing boat it wasn't! 

Even those clam lakes can be dangerous if a clam grabs you - they don't let go!

• JonC locked this topic
4 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

thats a bit  shad isinit.

surley you cold salmonsome thing better or are you leaving the little scamp ie go

You don't get it do you Pete?  

2 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

no not really; i will just go back to my cup of tea

but then again do i really cear

Good lad, you know it makes sense!! 👍🏻🤣

Right, so I have almost discounted the cruisette, I will go and look at it, paying attention to the gunnel height. It's local so no biggy. Also local is a flyer 17ft. which asode from rotten floors and transoms, I am aware the gunnels are also low, so view that as well....

Not so local is a 536, which along with all the possible late 70's boat flaws, is maybe more cabin than I would really like.

Ideally, for me at least, is an alaska 600. Not so ideal is the wedge they are currently fetching....... The search continues