Fin Nor marquesa 20 or fathom ii 25nld

It’s going to be used with a 30lb class rod for all sorts really - just a general all purpose reel. Must say I’m a big fan of Penn stuff but the fin nor looks very well made…… can get both about the same price …. So what do you think ? Which is better ? 

9 hours ago, ukspearo said:

It’s going to be used with a 30lb class rod for all sorts really - just a general all purpose reel. Must say I’m a big fan of Penn stuff but the fin nor looks very well made…… can get both about the same price …. So what do you think ? Which is better ? 

On my 30lb and 50lb rods I use the fin Nor Marquesa 2011 (twin speed)

On the 6 - 15's, and 12 - 20,s it is mostly Marquesa 12's, and a couple of older 16's

57 minutes ago, Dicky said:

If you get the Marquesa and don't fish alone then get rid of that annoyingly loud clicker or you soon will be fishing alone 🤣

On the larger reels, you can't remove it. |The smaller reels have a sprag bearing, but the larger reels rely on a TWIN pawl for anti reverse, so it is twice as annoying !

Marquesa for me, just used it a couple of times most recently for tope in challenging conditions of chop and 2-3 kn of tide. It's easy to adjust the lever drag compared to my friends who use Penn (not sure which ones but level wind). Drawback is the weight but if it is in a rod holder then you don't have 

to worry. 

• 2 weeks later...