Solent, 21st June: a day of doubles

Andy135

54 minutes ago, JonC said:

Well done both of you but for future reference you need to support the hounds under the belly, it can cause them a lot of damage. ☹️

That sounds familiar, almost like somebody had told you that not long ago. Like , they were preached to! 

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Excellent session, well dangled 👍

I have never caught a stinger in the uk, caught plenty in other destinations, but none here.

The mark we fished is known for them up to 40lb, so ours were relative babies, however mine was dramatically older than Andy's !

It was nice to see both of them with their tails intact too, the commercials round here like to lop them off if caught. 

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

The mark we fished is known for them up to 40lb, so ours were relative babies, however mine was dramatically older than Andy's !

It was nice to see both of them with their tails intact too, the commercials round here like to lop them off if caught. 

Anything over 40lb is a good fish anywhere in the world. I hooked one in the Maroochydore ( Oz, in the land of @JDP) that towed us out to sea in a 20ft boat 😳. The wimin got a bit scared so I cut the braid 🙄

nice one = target achieved.

but i have one concern - you said you ran out of bait? i'm hoping that's just a figure of speech or some sick joke - running out of bait should never happen - always take way more than you think you need!  🤣

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

nice one = target achieved.

but i have one concern - you said you ran out of bait? i'm hoping that's just a figure of speech or some sick joke - running out of bait should never happen - always take way more than you think you need!  🤣

No, it's true. We exhausted our bait supply... caught way more fish than we expected 😁.

6 hours ago, Andy135 said:

No, it's true. We exhausted our bait supply... caught way more fish than we expected 😁.

Although we did actually use all the worms and squid, the timings could not have been better as we had planned to return roughly about the time we did! 

On 6/22/2024 at 11:50 PM, GPSguru said:

Anything over 40lb is a good fish anywhere in the world. I hooked one in the Maroochydore ( Oz, in the land of @JDP) that towed us out to sea in a 20ft boat 😳. The wimin got a bit scared so I cut the braid 🙄

We tend to hook a fair few from the shore, which can be very large stubborn things to land and unhook. I have some good friends who moved to Maroochydore and my daughter is up there at the moment fishing.