Short trip selsey

Josh

We were fishing on the skerries today, and the weather was quite the opposite. Although warm, the visibility was variable from 1/4 mile to 1 mile, it was supposed to burn off, but stayed all day. At lunchtime, I even had the Nav lights on !

AIS seems to work well in the fog / mist as we were called by a tug who was towing, in order we could identify our vessel type and take an agreed action (we stayed on his staboard side).

Also we heard the CG calling a continual Pan Pan, for assistance to a 6.3m cabin cruiser that was dead in the water and anchored somewhere off Selsey Bill, so I guess you kept hearing that as well.

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

We were fishing on the skerries today, and the weather was quite the opposite. Although warm, the visibility was variable from 1/4 mile to 1 mile, it was supposed to burn off, but stayed all day. At lunchtime, I even had the Nav lights on !

AIS seems to work well in the fog / mist as we were called by a tug who was towing, in order we could identify our vessel type and take an agreed action (we stayed on his staboard side).

Also we heard the CG calling a continual Pan Pan, for assistance to a 6.3m cabin cruiser that was dead in the water and anchored somewhere off Selsey Bill, so I guess you kept hearing that as well.

Crazy how different it can be ,

That’s horrible when you keep waiting for the fog mist to burn and it just doesn’t.

think we wer all out same day I  put on here in October . When the visibility was down to about 5meters  unbelievable.

thats odd I didn’t hear that pan pan and I was right on selsey bill … unless I wasn’t paying a attention I did a radio check yesterday also.

10 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Ah, bad luck Josh. Sounds like a frustrating session, but top marks for making the effort to get out there. You must be knackered!

Thanks that’s it you gotta be in it for a chance . The last trip I lined up for there few week back I got in the car and bailed so it was a little breakthru session ha

9 hours ago, RogB said:

Nice report and photos. I admire your dedication but lovely looking sea so I can see why you made the effort!

Thanks @RogB yes pleased I went out😊

9 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Unlucky Josh. Looked mint out there though. A good way to unwind from a travel home from Turkey. Done that trip a few times myself and it's always knackering! 

Thanks @Saintly FishYeah that’s right  flying I don’t find unerving it’s just a i find uncomfortable tiring experience .  Poor us having to go on holiday 🤣