Wreck Fishing - 25th Jun

GPSguru

The screen picture that you have posted, is that available on most garmin mfd's

I have a couple of old 5012's and a slightly newer 7410 XSV, can I get that info on any of these

BTW, looked a nice few hrs out 👍 

EDIT I assume that it's linked to the outboard and not an option for me

Edited by jonnyswamp

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

I have a couple of old 5012's and a slightly newer 7410 XSV, can I get that info on any of these

i think you can only link them to certain outboards mate 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Yes the trip info is readily available on your 7410 plotter, however, the fuel used info will require an input from the engine (I use a Mercury CAN bus to NMEA black box), but generally I red this infor diect from the mercury smartcraft gauges. When we are moving, I have the smartcraft set to show me fuel burn per hour and litres used since last fill up.

But the trip distance, odometer, time moving, avg speed, max speed etc is all in the plotter.

RTFM 🤣 ........... page 114

7410.jpg.79bbdce5b443c241a6e575100a3bbb61.jpg

Edited by GPSguru

23 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Yes the trip info is readily available on your 7410 plotter, however, the fuel used info will require an input from the engine (I use a Mercury CAN bus to NMEA black box), but generally I red this infor diect from the mercury smartcraft gauges. When we are moving, I have the smartcraft set to show me fuel burn per hour and litres used since last fill up.

But the trip distance, odometer, time moving, avg speed, max speed etc is all in the plotter.

RTFM 🤣 ........... page 114

7410.jpg.79bbdce5b443c241a6e575100a3bbb61.jpg

That's great, something else for me to piss about with 🤣

On 6/26/2024 at 12:15 PM, GPSguru said:

Mid springs, nice weather, flat sea forecast, what is not to like.

It was a hard call, due to the usual slipway spring tide limitations it was to be either a morning wrecking session getting back at 13:30, or a full day on the skerries getting back at 16:00. The call was easier as fishing the skerries on a spring is hard work and often not productive, so it was out to the wrecks.

Launched at 07:30 with kyle as crew and headed to a wreck at 18 miles. Wind over tude was an issue on the trip out with a short sea coming from all directions, but managed at steady 22knts being careful not to stuff the bow. 

There was a commercial from Dartmouth fishing the wreck and we saw he was catching bass using one rod with hookais, and 2 handlines with multiple lures. The stamp of bass looked to be 3lb ish. We kept 4 fish that were 48 / 49 cm.

we made a few drifts and had a good few bass on small lures, however, there was a large quantity of monster pout on the wreck and we had a few of those as well. We did try a wrecking rig with mack flapper over slack, but it only produced pout.

Once slack came the sea quietened down, so it was a cracking morning to be out there.

The trip in was quick on a flat sea, and we caught the tide ok by being back on the slip at 1 pm.

image.thumb.png.0d972327df2d3717e35a43a0e81ad121.png

image.thumb.png.dae459b647db0eabcefcc5894f7cb90d.png

@Josh
Here is a pic of the trip off the plotter 😉

IMG_3041.thumb.jpeg.92cdf1305fbd23c703c26788d635c82a.jpeg

Awesome stuff !