Fun day out 29/6

Malc

Went out with my friends to see if we could get a few more species for the competition. 

First was a try outside the piers for mackerel or launce, I had one first drop but that was it, then over rough ground for pollock and wrasse but they were being shy and my friends were getting a few codling including some stunning kelpy codling to about 4-5lb. We then tried for flats, pout and whiting over a mixed bottom but I had already scored with dabs and that's all I got, however my friends got their mackerel, so on the score board for mackerel. 

We always travel with hope and went in really close to rough ground and were flinging SP's and other things about in the hope that a bass of any size might take them but after several drifts gave it best and headed home. 

Points for all of us as we hadn't had mackerel yet, so not a waste of time but it seems that the fish are here one day and gone the next at the moment or it could be that the bait fish are not in big shoals and the fish are moving about a lot? Good fun and great company to be in as usual.