Great Yarmouth 16th July

suzook12

8 hours ago, suzook12 said:

First one of the year today, out on High Flyer 2.

Plan was to get out after some maccy, then on to some bass and tope....... The weather had other ideas. We arrived to a 14mph SW wind, so we headed to some bass marks to hopefully pick up some mac. However, we were getting the crap kicked out of us and no fish showing. We headed in a bit to try some marks that were showing fish, however, the wind was pushing us off the drift and the fish were having none of it. We ended up coming in right close, to a hole that has saved many days out. With the tide falling away, we were hitting a steady stream of doggies and one smoothie boated. The tide eventually turned and ran hard enough to stop the boat swinging, and the digs pretty much disappeared, but more whiting. I decided to try a jelly worm tipped with mack and had my pb smoothie, prob only around 4lb, but only ever had pups before now. The doggies returned, a seal poked his head in to watch and some idiot was seen paddling in from well the wrong side of scroby sands on a kayak..... He eventually made it in against the switching wind, god only knows where he had been.....

That was pretty much the day, we got wind burn, sun burn, salt burn, drenched in rain and sea spray and everything in between. Even the seagulls passed up the day to remain in town outside the chippy.......

Out again in a couple of weeks weather permitting

I'm not going to say "well at least it was nice to get out", because it didn't sound THAT nice. 
Better luck next time mate! 

Just now, Malc said:

Funny how "experts" say that they prefer crustaceans and squid, yet a mackerel/jelly worm gets one! We got several on two hook flapper rigs and mackerel strip.

Funny old thing fishing!

It was one of those days, everybody doing more or less the same thing, so thought I'd try a jelly on a 6/0  just to be different, whether it "worked" or not I can't say, but it didn't deter the fish which means I will be more likely to try it again. Not something used in our area much. Will get more chance to experiment when my own boat is in the water

3 hours ago, daio web said:

there is no harm in trying something  different  well done on your pb mate 

Cheers dude. They put up quite a spirited fight, so welcome amongst a day of dogs and tings 🙂