Norway Aug 24

jonnyswamp

Going to Sandland Brygge next week with 6 others from our fishing club

Heading up to a Travelodge type place somewhere near Heathrow Tuesday evening, ready for an early morning 2hr + flight to Oslo, then a 2hr+ flight to Alta, then a 3hr wait for the near 4hr ferry ride to Sandland 🙄

4 of them have been a couple of times previously, so know the ropes.......so to speak

The reports from the last week haven't been brilliant, high pressure and temps and not too many fish, but forecasted to drop on both counts so fingers crossed

I will take plenty of pics, so expect a long boring catch report in a week or so 

This has been a bucket list thing for 30 odd years, hope it lives up to expectations

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Going to Sandland Brygge next week with 6 others from our fishing club

Heading up to a Travelodge type place somewhere near Heathrow Tuesday evening, ready for an early morning 2hr + flight to Oslo, then a 2hr+ flight to Alta, then a 3hr wait for the near 4hr ferry ride to Sandland 🙄

4 of them have been a couple of times previously, so know the ropes.......so to speak

The reports from the last week haven't been brilliant, high pressure and temps and not too many fish, but forecasted to drop on both counts so fingers crossed

I will take plenty of pics, so expect a long boring catch report in a week or so 

This has been a bucket list thing for 30 odd years, hope it lives up to expectations

Good luck, hope the weather holds and the fish show up for you. It's one hell of a tiring journey to get there, but it's well worth it! Norway is an excellent fishing destination. One I think us an OO's group should do!! 

Never been but always wanted too. Greatly looking forward to seeing some reports and hopefully plenty of pic's. I did hear that theres been a fair amount of commercial level recreational fishing been going on where some vehicles have been found to be carrying over 1 ton of fillets on several occasions which is having an impact on fish stock. Not sure how widespread this is or how it effects the popularity of any foreigners heading there these days . This was from someone who lives there.

8 hours ago, JDP said:

Never been but always wanted too. Greatly looking forward to seeing some reports and hopefully plenty of pic's. I did hear that theres been a fair amount of commercial level recreational fishing been going on where some vehicles have been found to be carrying over 1 ton of fillets on several occasions which is having an impact on fish stock. Not sure how widespread this is or how it effects the popularity of any foreigners heading there these days . This was from someone who lives there.

Sorry Jon, we can't have links to THAT site on here mate! Link removed

On 8/8/2024 at 10:33 PM, JDP said:

I've heard similar stories, no guesses on who the culprits are