Sonar transducer

I have a Garmin echomap sv and find myself in need of a new transducer. It seems a rather complicated area! Based on my vast inexperience and lack of knowledge I was thinking gt23-th. Anyone got some words of wisdom!

3 hours ago, Gordmac said:

I have a Garmin echomap sv and find myself in need of a new transducer. It seems a rather complicated area! Based on my vast inexperience and lack of knowledge I was thinking gt23-th. Anyone got some words of wisdom!

I have a GT30 and an LV12. Both good transducers, the LV12 is aimed at panoptix if memory serves correct. 

I have a gt 51, gt54, armar 175hw and a ps 30. Three are on one boat and the gt54 is on another. The 51 and 54 do traditional and sidescan, with the 51 better in deep water. What depths will you be fishing, also is the echomap a 75 size. I haven't used the transducers you mention but have no problem finding fish and structure with the ones I have. 

Thanks for the replies, it is a95sv. I would normally fish in 10m to 40m give or take. For various reasons I don't want to get into I don't have the damaged sender so I don't know what was there originally. The plug I think it attaches to has 12 pins which I think would be side vu but it didn't have that. It may not be the original cable though. Is side vu worth having?

1 hour ago, Gordmac said:

Thanks for the replies, it is a95sv. I would normally fish in 10m to 40m give or take. For various reasons I don't want to get into I don't have the damaged sender so I don't know what was there originally. The plug I think it attaches to has 12 pins which I think would be side vu but it didn't have that. It may not be the original cable though. Is side vu worth having?

Can't speak for Garmin, but more generally sidescan/side view sonar is very much worth having in my view. I've used it for scouting bream marks by finding their nesting sites, for taking detailed images of wrecks and for simply seeing what's down there.