Yarmouth 16th Aug

suzook12

Was sat at work yesterday watching the trees bend at some serious angles and nervously checking Windy every hour. Windy gave us NE 6knt wind and sunshine......

Arrived at quayside this morning with a full boat ready to rock. Once the fuel boat had passed High Flyer2 departed her moorings and we were off.....

Mackerel were a struggle to say the least, first 3 marks and we had boated less than half a dozen. Possibly attributable to yesterdays winds. Last maccy spot and I had a string of 4, a couple of others boated and we were away for the tope. Didn't have long to wait, my rod being away in the first 20 minutes. a small but feisty 15-20 in the bag....

image.thumb.jpeg.7181362f63e345b275d649a83b41e672.jpeg

Then it went quiet. We moved to another nearby spot and within 2 minutes another rid was screaming..... Another around 20lb and again went quiet. Almost at the death of the ebb, we had 3 in quick succession, one that wrapped 4 lines up without tripping a single reel ratchet!!

All too soon it was over, we headed back in a happy bunch on a beautiful day. For once the forecasts were spot on, even the switch to easterly around 4pm which killed it stone dead......

That was the last of the tope trips booked for this year, hard work but we got there in the end. I may be lucky and catch the tail of the summer in my own boat, working towards that as fast as possible.....