HI all, just joined, Thanks.

Auldjake

I'm a novice boater, the boat is access to fishing grounds for me.

A few things need upgrading so I would be greatful for advice on the proper kit to be fitting on my boat.

No pictures of my boat in the water yet (Im usually on it)? all trailered pictures so far and not posting one of those.

I currently have a 2022 Smartliner Cuddy 21, upgraded from a Predator 16.5.

Cheers again all.

18 minutes ago, Auldjake said:

I'm a novice boater, the boat is access to fishing grounds for me.

A few things need upgrading so I would be greatful for advice on the proper kit to be fitting on my boat.

No pictures of my boat in the water yet (Im usually on it)? all trailered pictures so far and not posting one of those.

I currently have a 2022 Smartliner Cuddy 21, upgraded from a Predator 16.5.

Cheers again all.

Welcome to the Outlaws. Find a chair and make yourself comfy!  
Ask away with any queries .. 

Get a Suzuki dealer to fit the MFG4, seems really complicated to me but I’m not a marine electronics expert. Ours took a Suzuki dealer a few attempts to get right and then I fitted a garmin plotter / fishfinder and used the NMEA 2000 connector to link up to the gauge… that wasn’t straightforward either. 

where did you get your smartliner from ? Where will it be based ?

3 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i sometimes think we should have a banter warnig sigine on this site.

i will be looking forward to seeing your questions on here, there is a lot of knolage on this site

Yep, and Pete here is the grand poobar of alternate spelling!! 🤣

On 8/23/2024 at 7:12 AM, ukspearo said:

Get a Suzuki dealer to fit the MFG4, seems really complicated to me but I’m not a marine electronics expert. Ours took a Suzuki dealer a few attempts to get right and then I fitted a garmin plotter / fishfinder and used the NMEA 2000 connector to link up to the gauge… that wasn’t straightforward either. 

where did you get your smartliner from ? Where will it be based ?

I have one coming from PALynch

How old is the df 100 ? make sure you regularly pay attention to the powerhead anodes as they normally need replacement around 12 months whether you have put many hours or not on the motor. The plugs also have a short life compared to other outbounds, expect to get around 100hrs from them. 

Fitting hydraulic yourself isn't to hard, Ive done it and Im far from mechanical. Post some performance figures when you get out on it and take note of the max rpm the engine reaches and prop size and pitch as its a big looking boat for a small engine, so correct prop size will be very important. 

19 hours ago, JDP said:

How old is the df 100 ? make sure you regularly pay attention to the powerhead anodes as they normally need replacement around 12 months whether you have put many hours or not on the motor. The plugs also have a short life compared to other outbounds, expect to get around 100hrs from them. 

Fitting hydraulic yourself isn't to hard, Ive done it and Im far from mechanical. Post some performance figures when you get out on it and take note of the max rpm the engine reaches and prop size and pitch as its a big looking boat for a small engine, so correct prop size will be very important. 

Cheers for the anode update, just saw a youtube video but never stopped to watch.

2022 engine probably about 100 hours use coming up. Missed the second years service through lack of use.

Getting 32knots that was a short run at wot, but cruises easy 25 I have other toys that do the speed thing.

I have from the start thought it quite a noisy engine. Not sure if its an engine/boat combination issue. The suzuki service centre checked it out and says its running perfect but it is a bit irritating.

Any idea who a good Chandler or source is for boat kit. Steeringbin my next purchase.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Auldjake said:

Cheers for the anode update, just saw a youtube video but never stopped to watch.

2022 engine probably about 100 hours use coming up. Missed the second years service through lack of use.

Getting 32knots that was a short run at wot, but cruises easy 25 I have other toys that do the speed thing.

I have from the start thought it quite a noisy engine. Not sure if its an engine/boat combination issue. The suzuki service centre checked it out and says its running perfect but it is a bit irritating.

Any idea who a good Chandler or source is for boat kit. Steeringbin my next purchase.

Cheers

That's very good performance, about what I got from a Suzuki DF140 on a far smaller boat. I found my Suzuki engines to very quite, surprised you are finding it noisy. I sea trialled a Df 100 a few months ago and was impressed how smooth and quiet it was even at 6000rpm, however that was on a 15ft centre console, so didn't have to work very hard to push that boat along. 

Sorry, don't know any good chandlers, there were a few on the Isle of Wight where I used to live but moved to the other side of the world now. I do have a full hydraulic steering set as a spare which came as part of a package deal with an engine I bought a few months ago but the postage would be way to much to send to the UK.