Hello

Matt

Hi all,

Have been lurking and reading this forum for a few weeks now thought it would be a good time to get involved properly and what a great forum this is 👍

I’m a fanatical boat fisherman but living in Northamptonshire am severely limited to when i can get out on charters.

I have family down in Lymington and visit them as often as I can and used to fish with John Skeggs on Last Laugh and more recently Les on White Maiden.

Have only managed 2 trips this year due to the weather but every time is an absolute pleasure to be out on a boat 

Welcome Matt - 

I too have been out with Les on White maiden, he's a great skipper - been out a few times a few years back.

he took great delight in showing me how to hold a conger properly - i mean he kept on showing me...... 🤣 

image.png.3daec2c99407008fde97e1fd5833eb7b.png

and it had to be those 2 fingers......

Thanks for the welcome all, at the moment my next planned trip isn't until the start of November, so I'll have to try and get a couple booked in the interim to prevent the onset of cabin fever! 

The nearest coastline to me is the Solent area which is still 2 hours on a good run..... thinking about trying to book on a charter out of the Portsmouth area as that's the easiest to get to. 

I agree that Les is a great Skipper.... the last time I was out with him was in May and we had a fantastic day on the Bream, must have had 15+ on the day!

Welcome Matt. I can recommend Valkyrie Charters out of Gosport. They have a couple of the best equipped, comfortable charter boats on the south coast and also find the fish  

If you travel to the west then Channel Explorer out of Portishead offers a great range to trips, sole, bass, rays, cod etc. A bit different to the south coast but maybe something to consider 

On 8/27/2024 at 9:54 PM, Dicky said:

Welcome Matt. I can recommend Valkyrie Charters out of Gosport. They have a couple of the best equipped, comfortable charter boats on the south coast and also find the fish  

Thanks Dicky, will take a look to see if they have any individual spaces available.

On 8/28/2024 at 11:01 AM, Odyssey said:

If you travel to the west then Channel Explorer out of Portishead offers a great range to trips, sole, bass, rays, cod etc. A bit different to the south coast but maybe something to consider 

Thanks Odyssey, that's definitely something to think about as Portishead is about the same distance from me as the Solent is.... have never fished in the Bristol Channel before but it looks like they get a good Cod run in the Winter!  

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thanks Dicky, will take a look to see if they have any individual spaces available.

Thanks Odyssey, that's definitely something to think about as Portishead is about the same distance from me as the Solent is.... have never fished in the Bristol Channel before but it looks like they get a good Cod run in the Winter!  

I’ve not been out with Chris on Channel Explorer, but he seems to find the fish 🙂 there is also a local tackle shop in the marina for bait etc. 

Weymouth is full of good charter skippers - Ryan on Meerkat, Luke on Snapper, Jamie on offshore rebel, Dave on Annalil etc etc 

bit further to drive but you get good turbot and bream fishing here, plus plenty of wrecks