Caw722

Good afternoon all, just joined the forum so thought I'd make a quick introduction.

I am Paul, and I currently live in Hull but moving back up the the North East region in the not to distant future (house sale depending)

Looking at buying my first boat in a few weeks and running it out of either Hartlepool or Seaham depending on mooring fee's and availibility.

I hope to be able to tap into the knowledge and experience I'm sure the group has.

Hi Paul, 

Welcome!

this lot here will happily spend your boat budget for you they love boat shopping! - give us an idea what you are after and they will double the size and power for you!!

Edited by mike farrants

2 hours ago, mike farrants said:

Hi Paul, 

Welcome!

this lot here will happily spend your boat budget for you they love boat shopping! - give us an idea what you are after and they will double the size and power for you!!

Didn't work for you though, did it?! 🤣

Not quiet sure what sort of boat yet, I've looked at Colvic's seaworkers & Aquabelle sports, joined here to get some advice and see what others are running. I've got about a £20k budget (wife permitting). I've spent a fair amount of time on Find a Fishing boat so I am narrowing it down.

2 hours ago, Caw722 said:

Not quiet sure what sort of boat yet, I've looked at Colvic's seaworkers & Aquabelle sports, joined here to get some advice and see what others are running. I've got about a £20k budget (wife permitting). I've spent a fair amount of time on Find a Fishing boat so I am narrowing it down.

Can I ask why you want such slow boats? I'm not endorsing speed merchants but a 6knot plodder will get tiring real quick, just ask @mike farrants (although he'll never admit it). 

Hence the reason I joined this group and chucked it out on the forum that I am looking at buying a boat, so I am open to advice, I want something with a comfortable spacious wheelhouse (seating for others, cooker area, good storage etc etc) and enough deck area for 4-5 people, inboard engine. Certainly don't want a plodder so chip in with any suggestions. 

1 hour ago, Caw722 said:

Hence the reason I joined this group and chucked it out on the forum that I am looking at buying a boat, so I am open to advice, I want something with a comfortable spacious wheelhouse (seating for others, cooker area, good storage etc etc) and enough deck area for 4-5 people, inboard engine. Certainly don't want a plodder so chip in with any suggestions. 

Start a new "find me a boat" thread and we will fill it up for you!! 

12 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Sounds like you'd be looking for a semi-displacement hull, rather than a displacement hull such as the Colvics then. These tend to have speed and stability together. 

err what boat have you got then? just arsking

Just now, Andy135 said:

You know I don't have a boat at present Pete. I'm just sharing my knowledge to help a new joiner. Why the dig, eh?

i have been asleep i thought you had got a new one ( as you keep telling me to keep up )