Caw722

I have a Mk1 colvic 20 with a 2 banger diesel, and my mate has the bigger seaworker. 

Pros - cheap as chips to run - can run all day on a couple of litres of diesel - i use about 50ltrs a season! Very basic so easy and cheap to service and maintain. very good seakeeping, easy to handle and manoeuvre. Classic - so gets a lot of attention from passers by. 

Cons - SLOW - being full displacement it will do 6knots max and I mean max, its fine if you are happy pottering - but it is restrictive - i wont go too far out as a) it takes a long time to get far out, and b) tides can be very strong out here and i don't want to be caught out. Luckily i buddy up with a mate who has a bigger and faster boat for those trips. 

Also - although its a good sea keeping boat - they roll a lot at anchor - rounded hull despite bilge keels still rolls a lot. 

If budget allowed i would upgrade to something faster - not necessarily bigger - something like an Arvor/quicksilver.

the Mk2 Colvics are semi displacement - so a fair bit faster. 

Edited by mike farrants