just returned from mylor

willyhookit

ive  have just retuned from mylor   having gone there  for a weeks fishing holiday   we arrived the friday afternoon  after setting off at 4.30  am      on the saturday morning we set off  looking to catch some baits  which we did   jumbo maks   and a few small scad     we could see  the birds    maybe 300 yards away so we dropped the  spreader bars over  and started  trolling    within minutes  we had our first fish on    a fish of about 300 lbs     once released  we set off trolling again    bang in again     i ended up catching  7  fish     Dave my fishing partner  had   3  im only  glad id taken 10 spreader bars  we me  as  as the fish where making a  right mess of them      sunday we  set off again looking for the birds   we saw  3  small   group,s of  birds working  so headed over     no sooner had the  bars gone over the side    we had a hook up   Dave,s reel  was the first to  scream out  he was having the time of his life as it was the first time  he,d   caught fish  this big   the lads who had  come with us  had just as much fun as we  had   there tally  on the first day was  8     mart & chris had caught  had caught  big fish  before    but  Mick who as only one arm   was a virgin    until the sunday   when he had a hook up    mart gave him a  hand with it   we finished the day   id caught two  & dave  had 4    monday i gave it a miss as my back was giving me some  stick  plus the fact  Dave  drives his boat flat out every where he goes    the times i told him to slow  down    even when trolling  i had to keep telling him the keep the lines  tight  and straight   and slow down       we   went out tuesday   dave caught 3  and i caught two      best fish of the trip   was one i caught with a est weight of  450 lbs    we never used the  livebaits  so they went back  in     wensday was hard going  we did  about  50 miles  trolling up and down     dave caught two   i caught one     we had a  few blind strikes   and hook  pulls        at one point we had  hailstones   and heavy   rain     wensday was a half days fishing and it was Decided to pull the boats out   rewady for the  trip home early thursday morning   as the weather forecast looked  crap until the saturday     we where due  to leave  friday       we have already booked up for next year     a few more big fish have come out of whitby so ill be  giving that a go  as its on my door step   well 40 odd miles away     8 guys three boats    had a fantastic    fishing trip     other lads had a few blue  sharks     to est weight of 120       plus a few smaller ones   80 /90 lbs      all dave wanted to do was  troll the spreader bars    looking for the monster  that  was never there     back home now   rods and reels washed        managed to sell two used  spreader bars  to some lads who   wanted to give the big fishing ago   had every thing  but the kitchen  sink     but no spreader bars      chucked in a couple of  extra  stingers  should there  need them      tight lines Alain 

tuna holiday 2024 1419.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1620.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1635.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1615.jpeg

tuna holiday 2024 1633.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1645.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1641.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1648.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1650.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1656.jpg

Edited by willyhookit

3 hours ago, willyhookit said:

ive  have just retuned from mylor   having gone there  for a weeks fishing holiday   we arrived the friday afternoon  after setting off at 4.30  am      on the saturday morning we set off  looking to catch some baits  which we did   jumbo maks   and a few small scad     we could see  the birds    maybe 300 yards away so we dropped the  spreader bars over  and started  trolling    within minutes  we had our first fish on    a fish of about 300 lbs     once released  we set off trolling again    bang in again     i ended up catching  7  fish     Dave my fishing partner  had   3  im only  glad id taken 10 spreader bars  we me  as  as the fish where making a  right mess of them      sunday we  set off again looking for the birds   we saw  3  small   group,s of  birds working  so headed over     no sooner had the  bars gone over the side    we had a hook up   Dave,s reel  was the first to  scream out  he was having the time of his life as it was the first time  he,d   caught fish  this big   the lads who had  come with us  had just as much fun as we  had   there tally  on the first day was  8     mart & chris had caught  had caught  big fish  before    but  Mick who as only one arm   was a virgin    until the sunday   when he had a hook up    mart gave him a  hand with it   we finished the day   id caught two  & dave  had 4    monday i gave it a miss as my back was giving me some  stick  plus the fact  Dave  drives his boat flat out every where he goes    the times i told him to slow  down    even when trolling  i had to keep telling him the keep the lines  tight  and straight   and slow down       we   went out tuesday   dave caught 3  and i caught two      best fish of the trip   was one i caught with a est weight of  450 lbs    we never used the  livebaits  so they went back  in     wensday was hard going  we did  about  50 miles  trolling up and down     dave caught two   i caught one     we had a  few blind strikes   and hook  pulls        at one point we had  hailstones   and heavy   rain     wensday was a half days fishing and it was Decided to pull the boats out   rewady for the  trip home early thursday morning   as the weather forecast looked  crap until the saturday     we where due  to leave  friday       we have already booked up for next year     a few more big fish have come out of whitby so ill be  giving that a go  as its on my door step   well 40 odd miles away     8 guys three boats    had a fantastic    fishing trip     other lads had a few blue  sharks     to est weight of 120       plus a few smaller ones   80 /90 lbs      all dave wanted to do was  troll the spreader bars    looking for the monster  that  was never there     back home now   rods and reels washed        managed to sell two used  spreader bars  to some lads who   wanted to give the big fishing ago   had every thing  but the kitchen  sink     but no spreader bars      chucked in a couple of  extra  stingers  should there  need them      tight lines Alain 

tuna holiday 2024 1419.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1620.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1635.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1615.jpeg

tuna holiday 2024 1633.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1645.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1641.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1648.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1650.jpg

tuna holiday 2024 1656.jpg

Well that certainly beats the last couple visits down there for you @willyhookit

well done all