Eddystone and Plymouth surround

Mark82

Well done getting out, although the sound is sheltered it can still get shitty in there. Looks like you were fairly close to the Mountbatten breakwater? 
I reckon either end of the Breakwater fort would fish well and give a bit of shelter. 
I would think spending a few £s in Osborne and Graggs might buy you a B bit of information but beware of all the shiny stuff they have because you will walk out a poorer man. 

Good effort mate, you went out and tried a few things which is how you learn. You caught some fish and now you know what not to do next time….
I bought my boat and thought it would be easy but it’s not, a whole new set of things to learn but you have some fun on the journey. 
good luck on your next venture 🤞😊

Well done, but you have to remember that if it was easy everyone would be doing it. 

When we fished the eddystone areas we did a variety of different tactics, close in to the pinnacles we drifted with sandeel or king rag on long flowing traces for pollock and bass or when the tide slackened we anchored or drifted for ling or conger with big fish baits. However some of the best fish I have seen were caught closer in on reefs or across smaller wrecks for pollock cod and ling or the scours for turbot and bass, I don't have the old admiralty chart as we lost it some years ago which shows how you didn't need all the electronic gear, though I wouldn't be without it now. 

Tight lines