Show us yer dog!

Andy135

Had a lab crossed retriever from when I was 18 months old until she died when I was around 14. Heartbroken wouldn't have come close to how I felt at the time

Fuck, filling up now thinking about her, we literally went everywhere together 

she chaperoned me up to a shop my grandmother used to work in, which was about 2 miles away and we had to cross a busy Rd on our way there

I was about 2 and a half apparently and we escaped while my mother was pegging the washing out 

Had the springer for 16yrs. She was with me at work and play 24hrs.  Broke my heart when she died.  Thought 'that's it, no dog for quite a while'.  After several days mate brought round a young collie who'd been starved and beaten.  Still got him as my constant companion 10.5yrs later.  Still get melancholy about the springer (and the ones before) but now believe that the best thing is to get another dog ASAP when you lose one

Spence- Awesome tattoo dude

"My dog" was a boxer. I say "my dog" as he was my companion and guard when I was a toddler. My Mum had nipped across to the neighbours to borrow something or other, came home to find I had fed him all the sausages out of the fridge and we were both curled up in his basket! Unfortunately, he had to go, no fence could keep him in and amongst other things, he was a magpie and used to bring me all sorts of toys home 🤣

There were also several litters around that had more than a passing resemblence lol.

Later we had a jack russell, highly intelligent dogs that have coil springs built in!!

When was still with my ex we had labs, buddy a choc dog was mine, in as much as he would only listen to me. Unfortunately, working as a contractor doesn't lend itself to having pets otherwise I would have a dog now, in all probability, an english bull terrier

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Hooked1980 said:

Not after he’s been digging 😜🙄

65D456D0-934A-4E70-90CE-3D19F114C20B.jpeg

Yeah mines a bit old and decrepit for those kind of shananagins these days. Just likes the quiet lazy life. But at 13 he’s doing alright. 

FD2D5B30-2177-48D7-8893-8C0F0D13ED69.jpeg.573910b37226a8f00eb89fcb979eeab1.jpeg

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah mines a bit old and decrepit for those kind of shananagins these days. Just likes the quiet lazy life. 

FD2D5B30-2177-48D7-8893-8C0F0D13ED69.jpeg.573910b37226a8f00eb89fcb979eeab1.jpeg

Sounds like his owner - looks like he's wearing a bit better though! Geoff. :classic_wink:

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You bloody cheeky old F@#$¥?....
TBF he is wearing well for his age! 

Don't mind Geoff, Neil. He's all chipper cos he's just been invited for his Covid jab. Of course, now he's told us that, what he doesn't realise is that he's done himself out of any further excuse not to get out and finish that flippin' boat of his 🤣

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately this afternoon we had to say goodbye to our dear companion and friend Monty. 
After turning 13 on the 10th March he contracted cancer of the spleen and went down hill dramatically fast. 
RIP buddy. 😥D3F13AC0-D9EB-4777-8261-730FEAE2CE63.jpeg.5dcf6723f5c577f96c4694a4ee3ed0ff.jpeg