Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

Just now, GPSguru said:

I certainly would have gone out today, but have had to go for a blood test, that was quite important.

However, after 5 weeks of antibiotics I have shaken off the UTI 👍.

Much of the problem was down to the immuno drugs working way too well and pushed my white blood count too low to be of any use in fighting off anything, but when the doc and consultant got together, it is now hopefully sorted. 

Bring on the flat seas and calm weather.

That really is excellent news Ian! Very glad to hear. Fingers crossed that this is now the end of it for you, and the beginning of a long, calm summer of fishing 👍

Great news Ian 🙂 Hopefully if you’re fishing you won’t have as much time to drag up anti-Welsh jokes 🤨😃🤣

Hoping to be out on weekend…. On a charter…. Will be strange having someone drive 🤣🤣🤣 Just hope the forecast improves. 

50 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Great news Ian 🙂 Hopefully if you’re fishing you won’t have as much time to drag up anti-Welsh jokes 🤨😃🤣

🤣🤣🤣

It is a pity we don't have more Cornish inbreds on here, they are always a good target from Devon folk ! 🤣

Frigin bulged disk has popped out again, not sure how the weekend fish will go or the midweek stuff. Its funny though as I consider getting the boat on the water and the species I target offshore far less work than hooking something off the beach. When you've had a bad back you soon realise how hard fighting fish with long beach rods is!!!!

20 minutes ago, JonC said:

Now that you’re feeling better it would be a good time to clear all that stuff on your desk and maybe a nice walk in the fresh air. About as far as the post office would be a good starter. Don’t over do it carrying stuff though, get yourself one of those tartan granny trolleys to save straining yourself. 

You must run a cheap business ...............

The postie collects my mail and parcels every afternoon at 2:30pm

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

IIRC @jonnyswamp went wrecking out of Dartmouth on Monday ................ what did you catch and how far out did you need to go ?

Out of brixham and we did around 90 miles all told

Only around 15 Pollock between the 10 of us  some nice whiting came up over slack that fell to baited feathers/muppets

21 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Out of brixham and we did around 90 miles all told

Only around 15 Pollock between the 10 of us  some nice whiting came up over slack that fell to baited feathers/muppets

Kin'ell, that is poor.

Obviously, I didn't miss much by not going out on Monday !

March can be a very strange time of the year when wrecking ........... we call it 'the all or nothing month'

I am getting a few reports of Cod showing on some of the 15 mile wrecks, fish to 15lb, but not in any numbers.

Also, the Plaice are showing on the Skerries.

No fishing for me for the foreseeable either, daughter no2 has bought a house and has decided the layout of the rooms upstairs need altering

Been knocking down black ash blockwork and coming home looking like Al Johnson

Busy in work for the next couple of weeks, so no mooching off to go fishing midweek either by the looks

Never mind, once she's gone there's just one left to go, but she's dug in like an Alabama tick and unlikely to be flying the nest anytime soon

No fishing for me either this weekend as I'll be mostly ripping out moth-eaten carpets, repainting walls and throwing out a knackered gas barbecue that the previous owners "forgot" to take with them...