Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to be out of Dale on Saturday, skipper pulled the plug Thursday night 

Out of 7 club trips this year, all but one was cancelled

We did get a few week days as fillers on other boats though, so not a complete disaster

Having another hand op on Saturday and am booked to go to Weymouth the following week for 2 days on Offshore Rebel

I'm hedging my bets at the moment, If I can go, I will

Weather looking good in wales and I’ve got Monday off work. I’ve already been told my Emma that we are on boat… with hints she wants to go sharking… 

Hopefully a trip offshore another inshore on the reefs or tope and maybe a day drinking a cold beer in the sunshine somewhere nice 🙂 

47 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Weather looking good in wales and I’ve got Monday off work. I’ve already been told my Emma that we are on boat… with hints she wants to go sharking… 

Hopefully a trip offshore another inshore on the reefs or tope and maybe a day drinking a cold beer in the sunshine somewhere nice 🙂 

Hopefully the forecast holds!! 

9 hours ago, JDP said:

Swell looking to be over 4m but wave height is small, I’m thinking it will be a no go so might head to the mountains and take some kids caving for the first time.

F6FDD6D2-02B3-4610-9D51-3A2F35BA3CC8.jpeg

Rather you than me thanks. Spelunking just isn't my bag. Cold, dark, wet, tight spaces with no natural light... what's not to dislike?? 😬

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Rather you than me thanks. Spelunking just isn't my bag. Cold, dark, wet, tight spaces with no natural light... what's not to dislike?? 😬

Sounds like my office at work… add in grumpy colleagues…

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Only a few tight squeezes, mostly very large and specular chambers. Lots of micro bats.

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

Weymouth boat angling comp round 3 on sunday - i missed round 2, so this is our 2nd stab at it = lets hope we do better - 1st rounds was a huge learning curve -

we've been out practicing tactics!

I love tictacs, orange is best!

Had decided not to head out in the boat because of the forecast, so made plans today take some kid’s caving, however the weather changed claiming heavy rain. Given there are four deep water river crossings we pulled the pin on that too. 

Ended up taking the youngsters out for a shore snorkel to show them how to catch lobsters by hand.

D8750BB3-83D8-4BDB-A795-449B8D3DDF9C.thumb.jpeg.8aac74d43a20a1f5489afc135f16de3c.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Lots of blues, flat seas sunshine snd a massive e amount of rope that went round my prop while on the drift…. Easy untangle so brought it home 

And the worlds smallest photos 🤣

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Lots of blues, flat seas sunshine snd a massive e amount of rope that went round my prop while on the drift…. Easy untangle so brought it home 

B8D28476-3446-48FF-BC62-73564A97A9E8.jpeg

E899CB6C-ED2E-4670-9889-DC74D355E3B7.jpeg

Lucky it wasn't while underway. Great level horizon.

Edited by JDP

• 2 weeks later...

Not me or any of my club this weekend, another trip cancelled out of Dale this Saturday......poxy wind

I don't really mind as I have a party this Friday and a wedding on Saturday so wasn't going anyway

A few of the lads in the club are off to Norway on Monday, I think for 10 days

I shall post some of their pics when I get sent them