Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

58 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Milwaukee Superbike??

Contradiction in terms right there.......

Milwaukee, home of Hardly Driveables and dubious quality power tools....

That line up is about as enticing as an invite to a vaseline party from Stephen Fry at a Brighton hotel during pride week to a 100% heterosexual guy

You're going then Steve? 

• 3 weeks later...

A few more yellowfin have turned up close to shore, so I should be out if the weather is good.

Weekend just gone was good on small bluefin, Spanish mackerel, trevaly, groupers, it's and various sharks on light tackle. Will post a few images when I get them off my camera.  Best from the shore was a shark around 60kg on a 3.5ft kids rod and 4000 spin reel. Best from the boat was a 2.4m shovelnose shark on a light Bone travel rod and a 4000 spin reel again.

7 hours ago, JDP said:

A few more yellowfin have turned up close to shore, so I should be out if the weather is good.

Weekend just gone was good on small bluefin, Spanish mackerel, trevaly, groupers, it's and various sharks on light tackle. Will post a few images when I get them off my camera.  Best from the shore was a shark around 60kg on a 3.5ft kids rod and 4000 spin reel. Best from the boat was a 2.4m shovelnose shark on a light Bone travel rod and a 4000 spin reel again.

Hope you are going to write a separate detailed report for this lot Jon??

I have just got the boat ready for tomorrow.

It is a big spring tide and sea state is difficult to call, it is either going to be 0.3m @ 6secs, which will be good for some wreck fishing, or it could be 0.7m @ 3 secs, which means that I will probably stay local for some Mackerel fishing.

Currently, I am nursing another self-inflicted UTI (don't ask), but nowhere near as bad as the last bad boy that had me on antibiotics for 9 weeks. If the sea is less than flat, I will stay inshore to avoid shaking up the bugs 🙄

Just now, Andy135 said:

Oh, come on! You seriously expect this lot not to ask? Or even to jump to smutty conclusions?? 😉🤣

The real bad boy was caused by tip tasting very old water, to see if it was fresh (ha,ha,) or salty.

This time I held a wet rope from the boat cover between my teeth whilst I tightened the lacing down.

I must learn to keep things out of my mouth, especially if they are wet and green 🙄🤣

Immunosuppressed is exactly what it says on the tin 🙄

23 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I have just got the boat ready for tomorrow.

It is a big spring tide and sea state is difficult to call, it is either going to be 0.3m @ 6secs, which will be good for some wreck fishing, or it could be 0.7m @ 3 secs, which means that I will probably stay local for some Mackerel fishing.

Currently, I am nursing another self-inflicted UTI (don't ask), but nowhere near as bad as the last bad boy that had me on antibiotics for 9 weeks. If the sea is less than flat, I will stay inshore to avoid shaking up the bugs 🙄

Well, I called it off this morning at 7am as the live wave buoy data was not encouraging, 0.8m @2.3secs, with no sign of improvement.

Although I could easily travel in that sea, drifting would be a whole different ball game.

my mate went out at 9am but came back after just 2 miles, the sea was limiting his speed to just 10knts.

i got let down by the weather this weekend - but the other way round - forecast was to blow 15mph straight into the bay from lunchtime  - but it didn't materialise until 4pm - i was on the pier catching nothing looking at a lovely flat sea....... 

55 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I've got him on making piri piri chicken pot noodles at the moment 😉

Just now, JonC said:

That’s a very good course to set him on. 

I knew that you were likely to approve Jon, but I suspect those noodles will prove to be just as rare as those power handles. Geoff.😉

• 2 weeks later...