Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted 👍

Will do, there are reports of small codling just offshore over features so I would expect there to be better fish among them. 

49 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Shore fishing, lads and dads tomorrow . Leo and I, along with @Andy135  and Thomas. 
I have not shore fished for about 3 years, so let's hope I'm still good at not catching. 

enjoy lads! 

looking forward to seeing the catch report - in the right section of course!!

48 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

tight lines! turbo time? or plaice?

Certainly Plaice, but Turbo and Rays will be dependent on the tidal stream, and I haven't studied it as yet. I think kyle wants me anchor at slack for an hour on the outer edge of the banks for big Blondes, hopefully we can get some fresh mack for that, however, if we get any snakes (launce) then I might go after the Turbo.

19 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Certainly Plaice, but Turbo and Rays will be dependent on the tidal stream, and I haven't studied it as yet. I think kyle wants me anchor at slack for an hour on the outer edge of the banks for big Blondes, hopefully we can get some fresh mack for that, however, if we get any snakes (launce) then I might go after the Turbo.

Out of interest, what's your go to rig for Plaice

Wishbone, running ledger, paternoster ?

19 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Running ledger. I tend to fish for one at a time as you also sometimes get small eyed, and Turbot.

Do you find bead colour makes a difference, always used black/green out of Weymouth (matching the pea mussels they feed on in that area)

And the couple of times I've fished the Skerries, used red/yellow. Both on advice of the skippers

Also got told by the Brixham skipper we use that peeler tends to attract the bigger fish

What's your preference ?

4 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Do you find bead colour makes a difference, always used black/green out of Weymouth (matching the pea mussels they feed on in that area)

And the couple of times I've fished the Skerries, used red/yellow. Both on advice of the skippers

Also got told by the Brixham skipper we use that peeler tends to attract the bigger fish

What's your preference ?

Yes, peeler is reputed to be the best bait for the big plaice, but we have had a good number of 3lb + fish on prawn and launce.

I always use black Green beads and a flounder spoon, Kyle doesn't use any and we both catch about the same 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting the boat ready to go out for a morning session, however, after what happened on Friday I am not that keen and maybe a tad nervous, although I guess there is no need to be.

I will probably go and find some Mackerel for the freezer, as not keen to go to the inshore wrecks until my friends body is found / recovered. ☹️🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, GPSguru said:

not keen to go to the inshore wrecks until my friends body is found / recovered. ☹️🤷‍♂️

But that may never happen Ian. I'm sure your friend wouldn't want yourself or any other fisherman to avoid fishing because of him. Understandable you're uncomfortable with the thought, but life goes on. Go to a different area for now maybe? You're sensible and experienced enough  to know what's what!! 👍🏻

Edited by Saintly Fish

• 2 weeks later...

Its Sunday, haven't yet decided if Im going to head out. A few good sized yellowfin tuna are being caught stick baiting but not sure I can be bothered with all the effort that goes into targeting them. A few coffee's, chocolate and a movie with the mrs is winning out at the moment with perhaps a quick dive for lobsters first.